Accounting and Human Resources AssistantShare this page
Position: Accounting and Human Resources Assistant
Full-Time Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000
Posting Date: Thursday, May 4, 2023
Best Consideration Date: Friday, May 19, 2023
Estimated Offer Date: Friday, June 16, 2023
Start Date: Wednesday, July 5, 2023
Location: Alexandria, VA (onsite preferred); Will consider remote work for individuals willing and able to commit to the following dedicated work hours: 9:00 – 5:00 pm EST, 8:00 – 4:00 pm EST, or 7:00 – 3:00 pm EST.
DEIA Commitment: We are committed to mitigating bias in our hiring processes and creating diverse candidate pools. Additionally, we try to live our mission by highlighting accessibility as part of our organizational commitment. Neurodivergent and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. More information about our hiring process is provided below.
Who We Are
ANCOR, the nation’s leading voice in Washington for providers of community-based intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) services, is experiencing a period of unprecedented growth in both size and stature. Our growing community comprises over 2,000 private I/DD provider agencies, state provider associations, and community partners and employs a workforce of more than a half million dedicated professionals supporting more than 1 million people with I/DD in the US.
What We’re Looking For
ANCOR seeks an Accounting and Human Resources Assistant to support accounting, human resources functions, and related administrative responsibilities. Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the Accounting and Human Resources Assistant will be a critical component of ANCOR’s infrastructure that supports its entire staff and operations.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience or an accounting degree
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in QuickBooks
- The ability to analyze financial records
- The ability to pay attention to detail and accurately transfer information
- Good organizational skills
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information
- Microsoft Office Productivity Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Outlook / Exchange 365
- netFORUM Enterprise Association Management Software, or comparable SaaS experience
As the Accounting and Human Resources Assistant, you’ll spend your days carrying out the responsibilities below:
- Process accounts payable transactions
- Verify invoice/expense account allocations.
- Process credit card statements following up with staff as necessary
- Post accounts receivable transactions
- Reconcile financial reports with corresponding database reports
- Manage petty cash
- Assist in corporate insurance management
- Assist in generating forecasts, reports, and budgets
- Maintain accounting and financial records
- Assist in scheduling of finance-related meetings
- Assist with employee life-cycle tasks like hiring and termination processes
- Maintain employee records
- Assist with management of employee benefits
- Assist with maintenance of employee manual
- Provide other finance-related assistance and other HR assistance as assigned
The ability to work cooperatively with and communicate effectively with staff is essential.
Why Work with Us
ANCOR is proud to offer an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage; retirement contributions; several weeks of paid vacation; up to 11 paid holidays each year; paid time off for volunteering; a flexible work schedule and more. ANCOR is also proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.
How We Intend to Mitigate Bias in the Hiring Process
We explain our hiring process to demonstrate our commitment to anti-bias hiring practices and because ANCOR’s process may be slightly different from what you have experienced applying for jobs elsewhere.
Please note the following:
- Application Period (May 4 – 19, 2023) Upon submission of your application and before sharing your application with the hiring manager, the hiring coordinator will remove all references to your name (including your email address), mailing address, educational institutions you attended, previous organizations where you worked and any other information that they believe will result in triggering an implicit-bias reaction based on your identity or affiliations.
- Initial Review Period (May 22 – 25, 2023) Applications will not be released to the Chief Financial Officer until the “for best consideration” application deadline has passed. During the initial review period, the Chief Financial Officer will select ten applicants or 1/3rd of the candidate pool, whichever is greater, to advance to the skills demonstration round. If there are less than ten applicants, the initial review period will be skipped, the hiring process will be expedited, a new timeline will be provided, and all candidates will be given an opportunity to participate in the skills test. Applications submitted after the “for best consideration” date may be reviewed if a failed search has occurred with the candidates in the initial applicant pool.
- Skills Assessment Round (May 26 – May 29, 2023) The hiring coordinator will email instructions to the selected candidates. Candidates will have three business days to complete the assessment exercise and email their answers to the hiring coordinator.
- Second Review Period (May 30 – May 31, 2023) Applications will not be released to the Chief Financial Officer until the assessment deadline has passed. Five applicants, or 1/3 of the candidate pool, whichever is greater, will advance to a face-to-face virtual hour-long panel interview.
- Panel Interviews Conducted (June 1 – 6, 2023) Advancing applicants will participate in a face-to-face virtual hour-long panel interview. All applicants will receive the same questions and these questions will be shared in advance.
- Finalists Contacted (June 6, 2023)
- Final Round Interviews (June 8 – June 13, 2023) The candidates will have a final round of interviews with ANCOR’s Chief Financial Officer and the Chief Operations Officer.
How to Apply
Please click on the application form, read the instructions carefully, and complete the application to be considered for this opportunity. For best consideration, please apply by Friday, May 19, 2023. If you have any questions, please email Alli Strong-Martin ([email protected]), the hiring coordinator for this position.