Area DirectorShare this page
Are you passionate about helping others? Would you like to make a difference in someone’s life? If you answered yes, we encourage you to join the Sunrise family! Sunrise is one of the largest, private not-for- profit organizations in the country dedicated to serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. At Sunrise, we pride ourselves in taking an individualized approach in addressing the unique needs of each person seeking or receiving services. As an employer, we seek to provide an environment of growth and development for our employees that is consistent with recognizing the rights, needs, and wants of all people.
Provide administrative oversight to ensure quality and compliance of programs and services for people with intellectual/developmental disabilities. Acts as a liaison with NHQ, state regulatory agencies, and other external stakeholders.
- Successfully complete required pre-employment Background and Drug Screenings
- Maintains a valid Driver’s License and meets company standards for approved drivers
- Proficient with WORD, EXCEL, Outlook and basic computer skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum seven years of supervisory experience required in human services
- Experience in conducting root cause analysis, risk assessments, and quality improvement (Virginia only)
Organization Mission and Strategy:
Works with staff and stakeholders to ensure the mission is fulfilled through the provision of quality services, advocacy, and community outreach.
Leadership and Administration:
- Creates a positive culture that promotes open communication between persons supported,families, and staff.
- Ensures a safe environment with quality services for persons served and employees.
- Meets all Sunrise and regulatory requirements through staff training, regular reviews, and best practices.
- Upholds Sunrise standards and expectations for positive interactions and providing excellent customer service.
- Mentors and develops managers to increase knowledge, leadership growth, and opportunities for succession.
- Actively participates in state trade association meetings to stay informed on industry related changes, issues, initiatives and advocacy efforts.
- While respecting proper chain of command, collaborates with different levels of the organization for planning and problem solving.
- Positively represents the organization to all stakeholders and state regulatory agencies.
Financial Performance and Viability:
- Involved in the development of an annual operational budget.
- Responsible for financial performance and meeting financial goals.
- Reviews and analyzes financial reports on a consistent basis with plans of action to address and improve performance.
- Works with the State Director and/or Regional Director and finance to develop growth strategies that provide maximum return on investment (ROI).
- Embraces and supports new initiatives that will drive the success of the organization.
- Obtains feedback from stakeholders to identify the needs for growth opportunities. Communication:
- Proficiency in the English language (both written and verbal) is required as this job entailsdirect care of adults and children receiving services. Employees are required tocommunicate, both orally and in writing, with staff and others regarding medical care,supports, and services. This requirement includes the ability to effectively communicate inEnglish including medical terminology
Performs other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug-Free Workplace
If you were referred by a current Sunrise employee, please make sure to indicate so when completing the employment application process