LE Program CoordinatorShare this page
|Ascendigo’s mission is to elevate the spectrum by empowering people, inspiring lives, and shattering expectations. We apply this mission to both the people we serve, such as our participants and clients, and the people with whom we serve, such as our co-workers and other stakeholders.
Ascendigo is a nonprofit organization that enhances the lives of children and adults living with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) through therapeutic recreation, employment, community integration, education and an array of behavioral health services. We are headquartered in Carbondale, CO. Currently, Ascendigo employs more than 50 full- and part-time year-round staff members and approximately 30 additional employees during our seasonal summer camp programming.
The Ascendigo Promise to our employees is to provide meaning and purpose in the work we do and a culture of R.E.S.P.E.C.T. We support high performance through thoughtful on-boarding and training and acting with integrity. We offer 360° compensation with a path to financial security, personal well-being and fulfillment, and housing assistance.
|Roles & Responsibilities|
|Core Responsibilities: The LE Program Coordinator, will be responsible for the management of schedules and activities for all staff and adult clients in our Life Enrichment Program.
· Develops and maintains the master activity schedule for all clients in the LE program.
· Develops and maintains the staff schedule for the LE program.
· Coordinates staff trainings including QMAP, QBS, CPR/First Aid, etc.
· Coordinates vacation requests across teams.
· Coordinates shadow dates for new staff and assesses quality of training to new staff by coordinating check-ins, follow-ups, and circle-backs after onboarding is completed.
· Assists the Program Manager in preparatory planning for season changes and upcoming events.
· Work as Direct Support Professional (DSP) for up to 20 hours per week, either as scheduled or as needed. ***Please refer to DSP job description.
• Knowledge of the field of autism as it pertains to adults (preferred, will teach the right person!)
• Understanding and ability to learn behavioral approaches as practiced by Ascendigo,
including the ability to allay maladaptive behaviors while remaining calm and maintaining
• Ability to apply principles of Natural Developmental Behavioral Interventions (NDBI), using
positive behavior support plans and ability to recognize natural teaching opportunities and
act on them.
• Knowledge of healthy nutrition and basic cooking skills.
• Basic knowledge of physical fitness and exercise regimens and willing to engage in physical
activities including outdoor activities with residents.
• Ability to handle the personal care of residents with sensitivity and care.
• Possess effective skills in active listening, coaching, and supervision.
• Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence,
self-confidence, and common sense.
• Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
• Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to collaborate with colleagues.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work flexible hours – evenings, weekends, and extended hours for meetings and events may be required.
Must be age 21 or over and have legal working status.
Personal Characteristics: should be committed and passionate about the Ascendigo mission of a holistic, active, community-based, independent, and person-centered life. He/she should believe in the dignity and potential of our clients. We also have a commitment to a culture of R.E.S.P.E.C.T. which stands for:
· R-Recognize the inherent worth of your coworkers.
· E- Eliminate derogatory words and phrases.
· S- Speak with people- not at them- or about them.
· P-Protect the culture of your organization- report and support!
· E- Empathize- consider what it is like in others’ situations.
· C-Consider your impact on others before speaking and apologize when you make a mistake.
· T- Treat everyone with integrity, dignity, and respect.