Senior Director of Meaningful Day & EmploymentShare this page
|The Senior Director of Meaningful Day & Employment is responsible for the oversight of all services provided through community development and employment. The primary focus is to increase employment outcomes and community engagement of people with disabilities as an Employment First organization and uses the principles of Customized Employment.
This leadership position will be an active part of organizational change moving from a center-based service to fully community based and aligning all services and practices with the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration Transformation initiative. This position requires a strong commitment to the principles of self-determination through the practical application of Person-Centered Thinking and Planning. This position will provide daily support to all department staff and direct supervision to Program Managers and PCP Specialists.
The Senior Director of Meaningful Day & Employment reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The position develops, implements, and manages a comprehensive set of support services for approximately 120 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
|Roles & Responsibilities|
|The Senior Director of Meaningful Day & Employment will be responsible for developing and administering programs, supervising staff and transitioning the program from traditional day habilitation services to community-based, meaningful day services. including paid community employment, customized employment, business ownership, or a mix of community, employment, volunteerism, and activities.
The Senior Director is responsible for creating an atmosphere that provides quality services and clear expectations for all employees related to Ardmore’s mission. The Senior Director implements the philosophy, policy, procedures, systems, and strategic goals set by the CEO while maximizing the highest level of customer service to the community, families, persons receiving services, and external organizations.
Other key responsibilities include to:
|The Director will be a strategic thinker who operates in a collaborative manner and is highly organized. Attention to detail and the ability to learn systems and technology quickly is beneficial. The following are the expected qualifications for the Senior Director of Meaningful Day & Employment:
• 5+ years of progressively responsible senior leadership experience including managing and developing teams
• Supervisory experience with a working knowledge of Community Development and Employment services
• Knowledgeable on the DDA service system, including Employment and Meaningful Day service delivery
• Strategic and critical thinker who will contribute to the development and implementation of operations to achieve the organization’s vision
• Expertise in communications both internally and externally
• Strong leadership, problem solving, and collaboration skills
• Experience with creating and maintaining partnerships with businesses, partners and organizations within the community
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field; Master’s preferredAdditional requirements include providing proof of US citizenship or legal immigration status, an acceptable criminal background check, able to pass a drug screening (random and scheduled), and being fully vaccinated for COVID. The base salary range for this position is $95K – $110K.
|Additional Information (optional)|
Send a cover letter that details your fit with the position’s requirements along with a chronological resume to [email protected]. Ardmore is partnering with Dragonfly Central, Inc. to find the Senior Director of Meaningful Day & Employment. For other inquiries, contact Ginna Goodenow at [email protected].Ardmore is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity in the workplace.
We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law