Systems AdministratorShare this page
Position: Systems Administrator
Full-Time Salary Range: $50,000-$70,000
Posting Date: Monday, November 21, 2022
Best Consideration Date: Friday, December 16, 2022
Estimated Offer Date: Friday, January 27, 2023
Start Date: Wednesday, February 15, 2023
Location: Alexandria, VA (preferred).
DEIA Commitment: We are committed to mitigating bias in our hiring processes and creating diverse candidate pools. You can learn more later in this position description.
Who We Are
ANCOR, the nation’s leading voice in Washington for providers of community-based intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) services, is experiencing a period of unprecedented growth in both size and stature. Our growing community is composed of over 2,000 private I/DD provider agencies, state provider associations and community partners, together employing a workforce of more than a half million dedicated professionals supporting more than 1 million people with I/DD in the US.
We are committed to mitigating bias in our hiring processes, which you can learn more about later in this position description.
What We’re Looking For
ANCOR is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to manage the association’s technology contracts and external vendors, provide end-user support for common Office software, computers, and related office technology and to supervise and take on projects and tasks related to our Association Management System and Database. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Systems Administrator will collaborate with the entire ANCOR staff to ensure their technology needs are met. We offer a flexible work environment, which includes opportunities to work from home.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Proficiency with multi-vendor hardware/software management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Project management experience
- Competencies in:
- netFORUM Enterprise Association Management Software, or comparable SaaS experience
- Microsoft Office Productivity Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Microsoft Outlook / Exchange 365
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Common Office Hardware and Peripherals (Laptops, Docking Stations, Printers, etc.)
- Network Connectivity, Internet Access, and WIFI
- Internet Cloud based services utilizing SSO Authentication such as Zoom and SurveyMonkey
- VoIP, Teleconferencing, and Cell Phones
Job responsibilities include:
- Management of ANCOR’s external technology venders and contracts
- Management and maintenance of hardware and related technology equipment
- Assisting ANCOR staff and members to ensure the effective use of ANCOR technology
- Routine processing of database transactions, report requests, and other association business tasks as needed
- Documentation of best practices and other instructional materials as needed
- Management and assistance in developing ANCOR’s annual IT budget
We’re excited to talk with you about this opportunity if you are already familiar with any of the following Association tools:
- netFORUM Enterprise Association Management Software
- WordPress Content Management System
- Higher Logic Community / Magnet Mail E-Marketing Platform
- Ring Central
ANCOR’s staff is small but mighty and includes staff who are located around the DC metro area and across the United States. However, this position will require in-person office hours at our Alexandria, VA office in Old Town Alexandria. The ability to work cooperatively with and communicate effectively with staff across a wide range of computer literacy and technology comfort through in-person interaction and remote assistance technology is essential.
Why Work with Us
ANCOR is proud to offer an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage; retirement contributions; several weeks of paid vacation; up to 11 paid holidays each year; paid time off for volunteering; a flexible work schedule and more. ANCOR is also proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, people of color, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and religious minorities are especially encouraged to apply because we believe diverse perspectives enhance our work.
How We Intend to Mitigate Bias in the Hiring Process
We explain our hiring process to demonstrate our commitment to anti-bias hiring practices and because ANCOR’s process may be slightly different from what you have experienced applying for jobs elsewhere.
Please note the following:
- Application Period (Monday, November 21 – Friday, December 16, 2022) Upon submission of your application and before sharing your application with the hiring manager, the hiring coordinator, our Director of Education and Intersectional Collaboration, will remove all references to your name (including your email address), mailing address, educational institutions you attended, previous organizations where you worked and any other information that they believe will result in triggering an implicit-bias reaction based on your identity or affiliations.
- Initial Review Period (Wednesday, January 4 – Monday, January 9) Applications will not be released to the hiring team until the “for best consideration” application deadline has passed. Applications submitted after this date may be reviewed if a failed search has occurred with the candidates in the initial applicant pool.
- Skills Assessment Round (Monday, January 9 – Thursday, January 12) After the hiring team has done an initial review of the applications; they will select ten applicants, or 1/3rd of the candidate pool, whichever is greater, to advance to a skill demonstration round. The hiring coordinator will then provide further instructions to the selected candidates. Candidates will have at least three business days to complete the assessment exercise. At the end of the three business days, the hiring coordinator will forward all completed skills assessments to the hiring team.
- Panel Interviews Conducted (Monday, January 16 – Tuesday, January 17, 2023) Five applicants, or 1/3rd of the candidate pool, whichever is greater, will advance to a face-to-face virtual hour-long panel interview.
- Finalists Contacted (Wednesday, January 18, 2023)
- Final Round Interviews (Monday, January 23 – Tuesday, January 24) The candidates will have a final round of interviews with the ANCOR’s CEO, COO, the Director of Education and Intersectional Collaboration, and any other individuals deemed integral.
How to Apply
Please open the application form, read the instructions carefully, and complete the application to be considered for this opportunity. For best consideration, please apply by Friday, December 16, 2022. If you have any questions, please email Sasha Sencer, the hiring coordinator for this position.