Led by U.S. Representatives Steve Stivers (R-OH) and Paul Tonko (D-NY), 10 U.S. Representatives from both sides of the aisle signed onto a letter to Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Administrator Seema Verma to advance one of ANCOR’s priority issues. Specifically, the letter requests that CMS authorize the innovative use of technology in Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) and Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICFs-IID). The letter also encourages CMS to support shared savings models to allow providers to redistribute savings from using technology towards bolstering the workforce. Please click here to read the full letter.
In addition to U.S. Representatives Tonko and Stivers, the letter’s signatories are:
- U.S. Representative Bob Gibbs (R-OH)
- U.S. Representative Bill Johnson (R-OH)
- U.S. Representative Lee Zeldin (R-NY)
- U.S. Representative Barbara Comstock (R-VA)
- U.S. Representative Donald Payne, Jr. (D-NJ)
- U.S. Representative Mike Turner (R-OH)
- U.S. Representative Todd Rokita (R-IN)
- U.S. Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX)
If you are a constituent of these Members of Congress, we encourage you to send them an email or call their offices to thank them for this effort. You will be able to find a contact email address and a phone number on their websites, to which their names are hyperlinked in this article. Please contact Doris Parfaite-Claude, Federal Research and Advocacy Manager, at [email protected] if you need any assistance.