As part of its work with the Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities, ANCOR joined 29 other national disability organizations in a letter outlining health care priorities for any upcoming COVID-19 recovery package. Specifically, the letter urges Congress to:
- Invest in the Medicaid Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) program.
- Support and expand Medicaid coverage.
- Improve Medicaid coverage.
- Make health insurance affordable.
- Ensure drug pricing reforms.
- Support multi-disciplinary care for people experiencing long-term COVID-19 symptoms.
Obtaining long-term funding to strengthen and improve the HCBS program is a key priority for ANCOR this year. We will keep our members informed of opportunities for advocacy as they emerge.