Tuesday, May 11, 2021
To help our members with their day-to-day operations, as well as to inform their advocacy on issues important to individuals they support, we share the following resources from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS):
- Updated COVID-19 vaccine reimbursement toolkit, including the following updates:
- The expansion of the mandatory benefit for vaccine and vaccine administration coverage to all nearly Medicaid beneficiaries as required by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARP).
- The enhanced 100% federal match for COVID-19 vaccines and their administration as provided for in the ARP.
- The authorization of the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccine.
- Two-Part webinar series on how technology influences and ensures an integrated life in the community: “This is the first of two training sessions that will explore how technology can influence and ensure an integrated life in the community. The use of technology to support the ongoing delivery of services during the COVID-19 pandemic has been widespread. This initial training session will explore how to take lessons learned during the Public Health Emergency and consider the use of technology in supporting reintegration with in-person services and assist home and community-based services (HCBS) participants re-engage with their communities. The presentation will discuss the importance of person-centered planning, self-determination and informed choice when considering the use of technology, balancing the use of technology with in-person services, technology solutions during and beyond the pandemic, types of technology solutions and data and research findings from across the nation.”
- Guidance on spousal impoverishment: An “Informational Bulletin (CIB) that explains the extension of the mandate under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) that state Medicaid programs apply the spousal impoverishment financial eligibility rules in determining eligibility for married individuals in need of Medicaid coverage for home and community-based services.”