“Date and time: Thursday, December 13, 2018 2:00 pm ET
An ABLE account offers an opportunity for qualified individuals with disabilities to save for a better life experience. It allows all qualified individuals who have a disability a way to save money. For those individuals who receive a means tested benefit, it offers a way to save without jeopardizing these benefits. The savings in an ABLE account may be used tax-free on a variety of qualified disability expenses (QDE) such as housing, transportation, assistive technology and more.
The purpose of this webinar is to educate individuals with disabilities, their families, providers and advocates on how an ABLE account can provide options and choices to maintain or improve their health, independence and quality of life. The webinar will discuss examples of QDEs.
The webinar will address questions such as:
• What are QDEs?
• What will happen if I use ABLE distributions on non-QDEs?
• Are there strategies I should consider when deciding whether or not to use my ABLE account for items or services?
This webinar will be moderated by Miranda Kennedy, Director, ABLE National Resource Center, and will include a panel of ABLE-related stakeholders and experts, including:
• James Sheldon, Supervising Attorney of the Disability Law Unit, Neighborhood Legal Services, Buffalo, New York
• Marlene Ulisky, Disability Benefits Expert, ABLE National Resource Center, Washington, D.C.
• Members of our 2018 ABLE Advisor Team
In order to prepare for the webinar, we encourage you to watch these short informative videos:
• The Roadmap to Enrollment: This 5-step Roadmap was designed for potential ABLE account holders and their families to learn more about ABLE accounts. In particular, the video in Step 3 (click on “learn more”) tells you what funds can be used for.
• The Roadmap to Independence: This 5-step Roadmap was designed to help current ABLE account owners maximize the benefits of having an ABLE account. In particular, the video in Step 4 (click on “learn more”) shows you how to keep track of your expenses.
Please note: Real time captioning will be provided for this webinar. For other accommodation requests, questions about the webinar, or the registration process, please contact us at [email protected].”
Stay Informed on the Latest Research & Analysis from ANCOR