ANCOR is sharing two webinar announcements from our national disability partners because of their relevance to the supports our members offer to people with disabilities.
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 | 1-2 pm ET
Spina bifida is the most commonly-occurring complex congenital birth defect. Clinicians who provide care to patients with spina bifida need to be knowledgeable in how best to integrate care between primary care pediatricians and specialists on specific topics related to spina bifida. This webinar will highlight areas that primary care pediatricians can assume a greater role in supporting children with spina bifida, and their families, as well as enhance care-coordination between the primary care and subspecialty care providers. Faculty will use case studies to highlight management considerations. Management practices described will also take into consideration the geographic location of pediatricians and the specialty access limitations of the populations they serve.
At the conclusion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Employ integrated care management strategies in the primary care setting to manage common urological conditions, shunt and tethered cord
- Demonstrate physician-to-physician communication regarding anticipatory guidance and interventions for nutrition/obesity, wound prevention and other health supervision topics
- Distinguish the roles and responsibilities of the medical and school-based members of the care team in improving outcomes for children with learning disabilities
- Implement an effective coordinated care management approach between primary and specialty care providers.
This learning activity is eligible for 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and 1.00 Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part 2 point. The webinar is free but prior registration is required.
Webinar 2 – Maximizing ABLE Accounts: Presented by the National STABLE Account Plan
May 22, 2019 2:00 PM ET
Throughout 2019, the ABLE National Resource Center (ANRC) will be conducting a series of bi-monthly “ABLE Program Spotlight” webinars. These webinars are intended for those who already have a basic understanding of ABLE. State ABLE programs that are a part of multi-state collaborations, as well as individual state programs, will provide program specific details, general guidance and best practices. Each program spotlight will also cover the range of investment options offered, an often-confusing aspect for individuals who want to make the most of their ABLE account but are new to the concepts of investing and saving.
In May, we will showcase the STABLE Account Plans which are comprised of a 12-state partnership* led by Ohio. They offer high-quality, low-cost ABLE savings and investment plans which are available to eligible individuals nationwide.
• Maximize your ABLE account
• Help you better understand investment options and how they can work for you
• Become familiar with STABLE Account and the advantages of the partner state model
• Learn about STABLE Account program features
• Hear what STABLE Account participants have to say
• Questions and Answers