ANCOR Connect 2024: The Power of We
Behavioral Health SpecialistShare this page
Are you a passionate and dedicated counselor, wanting to make a difference? Are you a licensed clinician ready to serve the IDD community with your expertise?
You are exactly who we are looking for!
At Makom, we are looking for Behavioral Health Counselor! As a Jewish Organization serving Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities for 40+ years in Maryland and Virginia, we are looking for a compassionate licensed clinician to utilize their expertise to create a safe and understanding space for the people that we support.
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Behavioral Health Specialist, you will:
- Facilitate individual intervention and group support to treat mental and behavioral health issues of the community we support.
- Educate the individuals we support and Makom’s staff on behavior plan implementation and behavior principles to ensure the excellence and efficiency of our services.
- Develop behavior plans of action and understanding to address individual crises and development.
- Supervise Makom’s staff to mentor and develop their knowledge and implementation of plans created.
As a Behavioral Health Specialist, you will need:
- Master’s degree in psychology, human development, intellectual or developmental disabilities, social work or related human development discipline.
- Licensure or license-eligible in Maryland and/or Virginia as LPC, LCPC, LCSW.
- Proven experience mentoring people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Come join us.
We proud ourselves with championing a culture of Love and compassion while smartly attract and retain the best people to serve our mission.
MAKOM is committed to providing individuals with developmental disabilities and/or chronic mental disorders with the opportunity to live independently within the community with dignity, personal choice and respect while offering the opportunity to experience Jewish life and supporting others with the opportunity to practice their own faith.
We offer excellent benefits and a culture of equity and inclusion