Director, Intellectual DisabilitiesShare this page
Keystone Human Services has an exciting opportunity for a Director – Intellectual Disabilities to work out of our office in Sunbury, PA.
The Director – Intellectual Disabilities Services position actively manages the overall Division, efficiently carries out top-down directives as well as proactively identifies and responds to local issues. The position engages employees and stakeholders to ensure that advocacy for all individuals served within the Division is front-and center at all levels. This individual is responsible for all administrative and managerial aspects of Intellectual Disabilities Services within the Division and assures that quality services are provided consistent with the mission, vision and values of the agency and in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and licensing standards. The individual provides strong leadership in the development of operational directives, budgeting and financial management, quality, human resources and ongoing development of new and existing services. They use analysis, wisdom, experience, and logical methods to make sound decisions and solve difficult problems with effective solutions while working to establish shared ownership and effective action.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Seven years of progressive Intellectual Disabilities experience required
- Minimum of five years of management experience required
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with people at various levels of the organization.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to respond effectively in high stress/critical situations.
- Must have a valid PA Driver’s License and daily use of a privately owned vehicle.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assists in the development and implementation of agency goals and objectives
- Engages with County, fostering positive relationships, collaborating on local policy and programmatic developments and ensuring performance expectations are met
- Prepares program reports and statistical data as required
- Monitors all Keystone Performance Indicators (KPI’s) plans and triage resources accordingly to maintain or improve performance
- Assists with the assessment of referrals to evaluate appropriateness of placements
- Collaborates with clinical team in regards to the treatment process to include assessment, development of Individual Support Plans and monthly reports
- Provides direction to employees that encourage them to teach people the necessary skills which allow those served to become less dependent on the formal delivery of services
- Finalizes all Enterprise Incident Management (EIM) Reports and assigns staff to carry out corrective action based on findings of EIM Investigations.
- Maintains an effective, responsible, and productive working relationship with supervisor, peers, and subordinates
- Facilitates the timely and effective communication of relevant information with appropriate personnel through vertical and horizontal teams within the Division and across all of ID Services
- Provides active visibility and engagement within the Division (i.e. visit programs and attend team meetings on a regular basis)
- Engages with and takes an active interest in Individuals we support, employees and the Division
- Provides leadership and actively participate in all Division Leadership and Management meetings, including adherence to set agenda, follow-through of action items and skilled direction and empowerment of all participants