Executive Director of Community Support ServicesShare this page
National Children’s Center is partnering with Dragonfly Central to find a highly qualified Executive Director of Community Support Services. This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic leader who can lead change and growth for the Community Supports Services program.
National Children’s Center’s mission is to enhance the lives of people of all ages, diverse backgrounds, and differing abilities through inclusive opportunities. We seek a strategic leader with significant contract management experience to support Self-Directed Services. This position requires a candidate who is innovative and transformative.
National Children’s Center (NCC), Inc., is one of the largest non-governmental providers of services to infants, children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. National Children’s Center was founded in 1958 and serves hundreds of children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities – including people who have cerebral palsy, autism, and Down’s syndrome through early childhood education and early intervention, school programs, community residences and supports, day services and supports including individualized day supports, work readiness training, supported employment, and vocational training.
For more information about NCC, see nccinc.org .
The Executive Director of Community Support Services will enhance National Children’s Center’s (NCC’s) innovative capabilities within Community Support Services (CSS) programs. The Executive Director, in partnership with the leadership team, will work to identify key areas for opportunities, transformation, and leading innovative changes, including creating new services. These programs and services will strategically align with current and future community needs, and include investigating opportunities for technology infusion. The Executive Director has the opportunity to apply knowledge and resources in a fresh way to enhance service opportunities and offerings that are designed to reach new groups within the disability population. They will align transformative goals with the company’s broader business plan, mission, and vision. This role will also provide oversight and guidance regarding existing quality, compliance, and programs for the CSS leadership team. This position is a part of the Senior Leadership team for NCC.
The ideal candidate will be creative, with the willingness and bravery to try strategies that are unique or nontraditional. Proven success with the creation or transformation of new or existing programs which have resulted in the sustainability and competitiveness of an organization is required, as is being detail-oriented and a critical thinker and listener.
The salary for this position is $140K – $145K per year. NCC offers a competitive benefits package and a hybrid work environment. The typical work schedule is Monday through Friday during NCC’s office hours with occasional night and weekend meeting or events. Successful candidates must possess a driver’s license and reliable transportation. A satisfactory background check and motor vehicle check is required before being hired.
National Children’s Center is partnering with Dragonfly Central to find the ideal candidate for the Executive Director position. To apply, email a cover letter that details your fit with the position’s requirements and a chronological resume to [email protected] .
For all other inquiries, contact Ginna Goodenow at [email protected] .
NCC is an equal opportunity employer. NCC provides equal opportunity to all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex/gender, national origin, age, marital status, military/veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
• 8+ years of executive leadership experience in the nonprofit services sector with an emphasis that includes business relationship building, program development and delivery
• A growth mindset with experience in business and service model design, analysis, and implementation
• A passion and interest in creating a variety of offerings in the human services realm, including wraparound services that support clients and their communities
• Boots on the ground experience with strategic planning expertise that accounts for change management, organizational growth, programmatic planning, and the analytical thinking to implement and evaluate the plan as needed
• A passionate and inspiring leader invested in the professional and personal development of team members
• Lived professional experience with programs, services, and compliance with regards to IDD services and program supports
• Knowledge of, and interaction with the Developmental Disabilities Administration; familiarity with services in the DMV a plus
• Exceptional ability to communicate, engage and present information to a wide variety of diverse audiences
• Serve as a creative team member who will brainstorm, make suggestions and demonstrate the ability to implement strategies that will enhance services
• A leader with high emotional intelligence, who interacts through a lens of understanding, patience, and flexibility
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to think through and propose solutions to complex problems
• 5+ years of experience managing complex budgets with multiple funding streams, including experience tracking and analyzing data for program services in an ongoing basis
• Must have experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, and familiarity with an HRIS-type system
• Familiarity with ASL interpretation a plus
• Project Management certification (PMP) is desirable
• A Bachelor’s degree in a human services field is required, Master’s degree is a plus
Roles & Responsibilities
The Executive Director of Community Support Services reports to the CEO. The Executive Director is expected to develop and execute a strategic plan for business growth, and will:
• Serve as a representative of the agency to the people we serve, our community partners and external stakeholders.
• Research, identify, prioritize, and respond to new business opportunities.
• Design new services that enhance and extend individual and family experiences while creating new opportunities for revenue and program sustainability.
• In conjunction with the Innovation Strategist and CSS Director, develop staffing structure to recruit and retain culturally and linguistically diverse staff representative of the cultural and linguistic diversity of the district of Columbia and Maryland.
• Contribute to the identification and development of strengths within team members.
• Gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative data and measurements for decision-making.
• Create networks to build business partners. Enhance and utilize new and existing business partnerships to support programmatic growth of NCC support services.
• Participate in conferences, meetings and events to develop relationships and increase NCC’s visibility.
• Be a positive role model for other employees. Responsible for leading Director-level leadership of the CSS Division of NCC.
• Develop written policies and procedures
• Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills/abilities.
• Be willing to travel locally for work, and perform other duties as required or assigned.