Executive DirectorShare this page
|Program Development Services
At Program Development Services, residential settings and services are designed to meet the specific needs of each individual, providing them with the opportunity to lead both a meaningful and productive life and to become effective and integral members of their community. The residences, located in Brooklyn, Bronx, and Manhattan, are designed to foster independence, friendship, and self-direction, as well as provide full support for physical and medical challenges. Today, PDS serves 104 individuals in 24-hour residences, 121 individuals in non-24-hour IRA apartments, and 53 individuals in Day and Community Habilitation programs.
To learn more about PDS, visit www.4pds.org.
The ED will be responsible for fulfilling the organization’s mission and maximizing impact, ensuring that PDS delivers the highest quality services to individuals. The ED will work in collaboration with and report to the Board of Directors and will directly supervise a 5-person leadership team that together will support an organizational culture that is collaborative, inclusive, and person-centered. They will be a visible and accessible leader to the caring and dedicated staff who are committed to providing opportunities to people with developmental disabilities in the community.
The successful candidate will have experience leading a large mission-driven organization, they will be a strategic thinker with operational insight and financial acumen, an excellent communicator and team builder, with the ability to connect and instill trust in diverse stakeholders.
Operations and Compliance
Compensation & Benefits
This position description is based on material provided by PDS,
To apply to this position, please click HERE.
|Roles & Responsibilities|
Strategic Vision and Leadership
• Lead Program Development Service’s overall strategic direction to successfully fulfill its mission.
• Collaborate with the Board of Directors to develop long-term goals for organizational growth and longevity.
• Develop a common vision for Program Development Services with staff, board, and community stakeholders, with an emphasis on post-merger integration.
• Identify the need for new board members and recruit potential new members to both grow and diversify the board.
• Lead, coach, and mentor the senior leadership team to ensure service and program excellence.
• Maintain Program Development Services’ reputation as a thought leader in the I/DD space.
• Foster a culture of accountability, inclusivity, collaboration, and excellence.
Operations and Compliance
• Demonstrated success leading a human services program or organization.
• Experience working with the I/DD community and services is strongly preferred.
• Proven track record working collaboratively with major government funders, including familiarity with OPWDD contracts and funding processes.
• Strong understanding of budgets, financial projections and reports, and fiscal management.
• Collaborative and dynamic leader interested in the professional growth of their team; experience leading and coaching a senior leadership team.
• Accessible, trustworthy, visible, and unafraid to dig into the day-to-day work.
• Strong communication skills, with an ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders.
• Passion and belief that individuals with developmental disabilities should have opportunities to lead meaningful and productive lives and are integral members of their communities.