HRBP/ Human Resources Business PartnerShare this page
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible for assisting in aligning human resources practice with business objectives within designated business units. The HR Business Partner (HRBP) formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects business objectives of the organization and plays a key role in developing people strategy to maximize business goals. The HR Business Partner (HRBP) maintains an effective level of business literacy regarding its midrange plans, policy, culture and competition.
SKILLS CRITICAL FOR SUCCESS:
You should have excellent organization and project management skills as well as have a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy as you will be juggling multiple priorities while focusing on staff, service, and program quality.
You need to think critically and make sound judgments- recognize connections, translate goals into action, and use strong judgment to make choices in alignment with strategy and company culture/values.
You must be a problem solver, strive to deliver great results with continuous improvement; and be comfortable with bringing new ideas and concepts to the table. While showcasing flexibility and adaptability; in an ever-changing or fast-paced environment.
Strong knowledge of the State and federal laws and regulations; is pertinent to the success of the market as well as the State Director
Dungarvin is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. At Dungarvin, we believe in hiring talent from a wide variety of backgrounds which makes our organization stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree and three or more years of general human resources experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, inclusion and diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Experience with investigations, coaching, development and training, project and change management and data analysis preferred.
NICE TO HAVE:
SHRM-CP or PHR certification
Master’s Degree (HRI) or MBA in HRM
Must have strong computer skills to work in multiple systems, including but not limited to HRIS, ATS, and LMS.
Human Resources experience with companies supporting 250-500 or more associates
Roles & Responsibilities
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partner with peers in a manner that upholds the Dungarvin mission by integrating the mission into your role with co-workers, customers, and individuals served.
- Develop a high level of business knowledge and strong partnership with employees and managers on HR related matters. This position will work closely with operations on HR related matters and will participate in business development, support, and growth of the organization.
- Build strong relationships with operations supervisors to address and mitigate employee or manager concerns. Actively propose new areas in which HR may add value.
- Provide coaching and resources to assist managers with employment law, investigations, coaching, progressive discipline, conditions of employment, accommodations, leaves of absences, terminations and employee development and engagement.
- Provide support operations management and quality assurance in developing, preparing and disseminating key human resources data points in support of internal and external regulatory requirements.
Provide professional HR orientation for new Dungarvin leadership staff and be available as a training resource.
- Provide specific HR training to supervisors on employment law, leaves of absences, workers’ compensation information and procedures
- Conduct exit, stay interviews and culture surveys, in accordance with Dungarvin policies. Provide trending analysis and recommendations in conjunction with Operations Management to improve overall retention.
- Lead and conduct employee investigations related to HR-related areas. Track and provide feedback regarding employee grievances in accordance with policy.
- Utilize uniform Dungarvin HR policies, recommend changes to forms and policies and implement final revisions within the state.
- Provide support or manage areas such as workers compensation, unemployment, and leaves of absence.
- Collaborate with HR Leadership on developing and communicating wage updates as appropriate. Participate, and collaborate in creating updated wage ranges based on wage surveys.
- Know and answer questions about Dungarvin’s benefits. Explain and promote insurance and 401(k) plans to employees, assist with problems with benefits and respond to all employee questions.