Service Team LeaderShare this page
We are a nonprofit and a community of people with and without intellectual disabilities, providing housing and support services to adults with intellectual disabilities and offering a place of belonging and growth to a diversity of assistants, friends, and volunteers.
You are passionate about the unique services and people who work together in fulfilling the mission of L’Arche. You have a desire and willingness to learn and grow, with a strong aptitude for the areas of health care, organization, and community life. The primary goal of the Service Team Leader role is to lead a team of Assistants in providing competent contract services, within mutually transforming relationships.
A Day in the life
• You may have virtual or in-person work, with access to community life and shared office space.
• You may support Assistants in navigating supports of core people, finding joy in the successes!
• You may support a core member at a medical appointment, advocating with and for them.
• You may collaborate with leaders to ensure Core Members contribute meaningfully.
• You will take time to build trust with L’Arche employees, core members, parents, friends, volunteers, medical providers, and other partners.
To Apply Submit a Resume and interest letter answering the following questions:
1. Describe a successful leadership role you held, especially how you took initiative.
2. Share an example of when you gave a person feedback. What worked? What was a challenge?
to [email protected] by Friday January 12th, 2024.
What We Offer
We strive to be an inclusive community, where we hope you can find belonging. All members of L’Arche are welcomed to regular events and formations to share life together with people with disabilities.
Some practical supports offered to you:
• Tools for meaningful work – laptop, phone, mentors, professional development, etc.
• Platinum & low cost Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your dependents
• Matching 401K Contributions after 1 year
• Salary: $43,890-$57,000, based on experience, with additional compensation for on-call duties
If you think you’d succeed in this role, yet maybe you are hesitant about the qualifications/offers, please consider reaching out and applying. We would love to get to know you!
What You Bring
• You have passion for inclusion of people with disabilities and the people who support them.
• You have strong organization and logistical coordination skills.
• You are open to daily needs, showing creativity and seeking to honor the people of L’Arche.
• You are a creative problem solver and seek to work collaboratively across the L’Arche community.
Roles & Responsibilities
As part of the VA Leadership Team:
• You will be responsive to the daily needs of the teams, including paid on-call duties.
• You will monitor and encourage the services and inclusion of people with disabilities.
• You will supervise Assistants, providing consistent feedback and evaluations.
• You will collaborate with Home Life Leadership to ensure the mission of L’Arche is accessible to all.