State DirectorShare this page
OUR MISSION AND PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
The MENTOR Network is a mission-based organization dedicated to providing high quality services to those we serve. Therefore, to deliver on our mission, The Network expects every employee to perform his or her job first and foremost in accordance with the Company’s mission.
Directs the operations of a state with revenues of $10 to $30 million. Maximizes the profitability of operations and ensures services provided are of highest quality.
Responsible for managing strong relationships with payors. Manages licensing and contractual agreements and ensures state meets compliance and regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below:
- Oversees the operations of a single state and manages combined revenues of $10 million or more.
- Responsible for financial performance of a state or assigned business unit; implements strategies to maximize revenue, attain operational efficiency and drive profitability; works in conjunction with financial personnel to maintain accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger; prepares individual state business and financial plans; provides monthly financial reporting; and approves contracts and expenses up to appropriate level of authority.
- Provides leadership and develops strategy for maximizing growth within state; implements business plans and marketing strategies to grow census and improve occupancy and utilization in core services; implements strategies to anticipate new business opportunities; develops new starts; and identifies potential acquisition candidates.
- Implements public strategy plan for state or assigned business units; maintains and enhances state level relations with legislative and administrative officials, advocates, and trade associations; joins and takes a leadership role with state trade associations; and assists lobbyists or outside contractors.
- Develops state or business unit strategy to maintain and foster relations with consumers, families, and guardians; oversees implementation of consumer satisfaction surveys; develops enhancement plans.
- Oversees development and implements state quality enhancement strategy and drives quality initiatives, coordinating Network standards, licensing requirements, and consideration for individual’s needs.
- Provides leadership and oversees state implementation of incident management protocol; ensures timely incident reporting; reviews trends, develops and implements proactive and corrective response; and oversees investigation
- Oversees state strategy and implementation of health and safety programs including consumer and employee protection, and directs medical and nursing services and supports.
- Implements state strategy to maintain compliance with Network and regulatory standards for clean, neat, safe living and working environments; and assures pleasant, age-appropriate, well-decorated home-like residential living
- Provides leadership including supervision of Regional Directors and regional support team; develops strategy for implementation of Network employee practices; oversees safety and workers’ compensation implementation strategy; recruits and retains top talent; develops state and regional leadership teams; establishes employee orientation and training programs; and implements employment practices including hiring, termination and discipline.
- Implements state licensing and compliance strategy; directs system for timely and accurate documentation; oversees implementation of Network compliance plan; reviews licensing orders; and implements proactive strategies to meet or exceed
- Performs other related duties and activities as
Directs and supervises Regional Directors and regional support team including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Makes decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves employee problems within position responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the Job
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job:
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ten to twelve years of related experience with significant management experience in the human services industry
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Licensure as required by state
- Travel as needed
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.