ANCOR is sharing a new resource by Justice in Aging because some of our members support people who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid supports (dual-eligible). The fact sheet by Justice in Aging reviews regulations the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) issued on Dual Eligble Special Needs Plans (D-SNPs). Specifically, these regulations cover:
- Minimum responsibilities for D-SNPs to coordinate Medicaid benefits
- Requirements for integrating Medicare and Medicaid appeals
- The duty to notify state Medicaid programs of hospital admissions
- Enrollment of partial duals in D-SNPs
- Enforcement options for CMS
The fact sheet also identifies issues advocates might want to bring up to CMS as implementation of these regulations unfolds.