Monday, September 16, 2019
ANCOR is sharing this one-pager by the National Disability Rights Network because of its relevance to the individuals with disabilities our members support. Highlights from the one-pager include:
- 6 million rep payees served 8.3 million beneficiaries nationwide, responsible for $70 billion in SSA benefits.
- Out of reviews which included over 1,300 rep payee interviews, reviewers found that:
- 4 out of 5 payees had at least one deficiency.
- 730 required a P&A-issued Corrective Action Plan.
- 14% of reviews had at least 1 referral. As leaders in the community, P&As provided referrals to additional resources to payees and beneficiaries as needed.