Sunrise Community, Inc.
Completion of a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in accounting or finance. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred. Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable. Minimum of five (5) years’ supervisory experience required. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, strong organizational and time management skills. Must be computer literate and able to use general office software such as Microsoft Office Suite and use of databases. Must demonstrate a proficiency in the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and efficiently. Must support, uphold and adhere to Sunrise Community’s Standards of Excellence. Healthcare industry background preferred.
ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION/POSITION SUMMARY
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Sunrise Community, Inc., and its affiliated organizations, provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization. The CFO supervises the Finance Department and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO reports directly to the President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and directly assists the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must keep abreast with not-for-profit accounting skills in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Direct, monitor and evaluate the activities and performance of the finance department.
- Implement controls to mitigate risk for the organizations.
- Assess departmental internal controls and implement change when needed.
- Develop and maintain banking relationships with participating partners.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual company audit, cost reports, IRS Form 990, and the administration of client trust funds.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute Finance department staff succession and growth plans through training.
- Manage and coordinate all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: monthly financial statements, organizational revenue/expense, cash flow statement and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Participate, evaluate and execute acquisition of new development and or prospective business ventures.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee federal awards and programs. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors ensuring all A-133 audit issues are resolved, and all 403(b) compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meeting quarterly.
- Prepare and present monthly/quarterly/annual Board and Finance Committee meeting packages.
- Ensure adequate cash flow is available to meet the organization's needs.
- Participate in policy development as a member of the Executive management team.
MINOR JOB FUNCTIONS
Manager will perform other tasks as requested/required by the President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO), or other appropriate authority within the organization.
Interested candidates may submit Resume by:
Apply in person at:
9040 Sunset Drive
Miami, FL 33173
Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace